Image via Pexels
Kathy Larson Real Estate puts a tremendous amount of energy and hard work into every transaction and is passionate about listening to her clients’ needs while providing details every step of the way. Team up with Kathy today by calling 801.205.0792!
Home Improvements That Help a House Sell: A Resource Guide
With inventory so low, this is a good time to sell your house. By investing in some upgrades to enhance the property's aesthetic appeal and functionality, you can sell it more quickly and for a higher price. This resource guide from Kathy Larson Real Estate provides some pointers that will help to sell your house.
Start With Value-Boosting Upgrades in the Interior
Invest in upgrades that will make your interior shine
● Paint is an easy way to give rooms an updated look.
● Upgrade appliances like the refrigerator and stove, which will help boost home value.
● Complete repairs that need to be done. Buyers don’t want a laundry list of things to do when buying a home.
● Start the home-staging process by removing clutter, especially off horizontal surfaces.
● Keep receipts of any improvements so you can quantify your investment and justify a higher asking price when you sell.
Spruce Up the House's Exterior Appearance
With the inside done, focus your energy on creating a polished presentation from the outside
● Wash your house's exterior using a hose and pressure washer.
● Dengarden suggests sprucing up your front door by giving it a fresh coat of paint, replacing old hardware, and placing flower boxes on either side.
● Make any necessary repairs to the roof and siding. First impressions are lasting!
● Harsh winters can take a toll on walkways and driveways. Fix major cracks in your hardscaping.
Boost Curb Appeal with Your Landscaping
Make the most of your outdoor space to boost your home's curb appeal
● Create a lush lawn with regular fertilization, aeration, watering, and mowing.
● Planting areas that include perennial shrubs and plants are easy to maintain and look great all year.
● Change exterior lighting if necessary to highlight your home.
● If you don't have the time, tools, or knowledge to ramp up your landscaping yourself, enlist the help of professionals.
Preparing a home for sale requires some time and effort. However, the investment will be well worth it when you are able to sell your house more quickly—and at a better price.